Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Sai is Soul Refreshing

This is a gospel piece in the sacred steel style of playing, which could sound great if we have any strong guitar players in our group. We sang it in Los Angeles 6-7 years ago, with lyrics customized to describe our relationship with Swami. I cannot find a recording of that version, but here's the original version with our lyrics pasted below


==

When I wake up in the morning
I know you’re always there with me
The image that I’m seeing
Well, it still inspires me
‘Cuz of You the sun is shining
And there’s not a cloud in sight
You give me strength all day
Until I come back home at night


(Chorus)
It’s soul-refreshing to see your face
Pick me up when I’m feeling down
And you chase my blues away

Soul-refreshing to see your face
Don’t have to worry about my problems now
Because you bring me brighter days

(verse 2)
You came into my world, dear Sai
And taught me how to Love
You fill my days with so much light
And watch me from above

No matter where I go, dear Sai
You’re always in my heart
I’m blessed to be here to serve
The Sai Avatar

(Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment